Walking Football event in Wellingborough open for entries!
We are delighted to announce details of our Walking Football event in Wellingborough, incorporating the NFA Walking Football County Cup.
Across the morning of Sunday 9 February from 9.30 – 12.30, we will hold 3 separate walking football events
• Men’s County Cup – age 50+
• Men’s recreational festival – age 65+
• Women’s recreational session – open age (35+)
The event will be held on the brand new 3G Football Turf Pitch at Redwell Leisure Centre in Wellingborough.
The men’s County Cup competition has up to 8 team spaces available for players aged 50+. The format will feature 2 groups of up to 4 teams, with the top two teams from each group progressing to the semi-finals and finals. The winners will be our 2020 Northants FA County Cup winners.
In addition to the competitive County Cup competition, we have up to 4 spaces available for teams of men aged 65+ to enjoy a friendly Walking Football event. The emphasis on this section will be fun and enjoyment. If you’ve never played walking football before, or don’t want to play competitively, this is the ideal event for you. If you’re an individual player please get in touch and we’ll help get you involved.
• Entry fee is £30 per team per event
• To enter, please complete the form below
• Teams consist of 5 players on the pitch
• Maximum squad size of 8 players on a roll on/off basis
• Club must be affiliated to Northants FA. Only NFA teams can enter.
• Moulded football boots and shin pads must be worn at all times
• Matching kits must be worn for the men’s County Cup.
• Bibs will be provided for the recreational festivals if needed.
Open to women aged 35+, our friends from Northampton Town Walking Football Club will support new players to try walking football for the first time. Footballing ability and fitness are not required, all you need is a desire to enjoy football and make some new friends. Whether you’re an individual player, or want to bring a mini bus of friends, you’ll be made very welcome. The session will run as a drop-in format between 9.30am – 12.30pm and will cost £3 per player. Simply turn up when you want and join us for a kickabout. Support & advice can be provided if needed. To register your interest for the women’s session, please contact Nick Abraham, Women & Girls Football Development Officer on 07983 597088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the men’s sections of the Walking Football event please contact Stuart Smith, Football Development Officer on 01604 678409 or email email@example.com