The FA's Respect Programme provides tools for players from grassroots to elite football to help ensure a safe and positive environment in which to play the game. In Northamptonshire the majority of our leagues are signed up to the FA Respect Programme and all FA Charter Standard Clubs endorse the Programme, with many embedding a specific Respect Co-ordinator within their club or league.
To all Football Players:
Remember this friendly advice when playing:
- Finish the game with a handshake rather than a moan.
- Win or lose with dignity - no one likes a show off or a cry baby.
- Save the diving for the springboard.
- Tell the team whinger to shut it and get on with the game.
- Offer the Referee a drink at the end of the game rather than your glasses.