FA Junior Football Leaders Course
Minimum Age: 12
Course Duration: 6 hours, learners also need to complete 4 hours of volunteering
Price: TBCView available dates
Developing leadership within the game and beyond
The FA Junior Football Leaders Award, awarded by FA Education, provides a basic introduction to the leadership skills required when involved in football. The course introduces four areas: assisting football activity sessions, an introduction to refereeing, helping with a team and different football events. In addition to these areas, Respect, promoting and developing the game are embedded.
- How to get involved in Football
- Getting involved and helping those involved to ‘get better’
- Creating a safe learning environment
- Organising games
- Introduction to the basics of FUNdamentals
- Preparing to referee
- Whistle techniques and introduction to Ball In, Ball Out
- Safety of the players and re-starts to the game
- Preparing for the game
- Warm-up prior to the game
- Organising and managing players expectations
- An introduction to three different formats of competition
- Using these in a practical setting
The aim of the course is to provide learners with a basic understanding of leadership skills that may be used within the game and beyond.
Unfortunately there are no available dates.
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy and by enrolling onto our course you agree to have read and agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
Coach Education Co-Ordinator
Telephone: 01604 678406