WHAT CAN BE RECOVERED?
The Football Debt Recovery scheme gives clubs and leagues the opportunity to recover monies owed to them.
Under FA Regulations only money for the following can be used under Football Debt Recovery:
- Match Costs (e.g. match fees)
- League Costs (e.g. repair to cups)
- Fines for Discipline cases (cautions, dismissals, misconduct charges)
- Playing Expenses (e.g. pitch hire)
For Match Costs, League Costs and Playing Expenses receipts will be needed.
The following cannot be used under Football Debt Recovery:
- Club subscriptions
- Signing on fees
- Internal Club fines (expect those imposed as a result of discipline cases)
- Fund Raising schemes
- End of season trip costs
Northamptonshire FA should be notified as soon as it’s clear there is a problem recovering the money owed the club/league. In all cases you should inform us that there is a problem within 28 days of the formal payment being requested, and 112 days of the debt being incurred. These timescales are strict. Do not leave it until the end of the season if a player/club owes you money.
Football Debt Recovery is limited to £50 minimum total claim, for Match Costs, League Costs and Playing Expenses. However for recovery of discipline monies, there is no minimum.
It is the responsibility of the club/league to take reasonable steps to recover the debt before requesting Northamptonshire FA to take action.
Reasonable steps should include:
- Writing to the player/club to inform them of the monies owed
- Not allowing the player to participate in any games/training