As part of this role the successful candidate(s) would act as a check and balance for the direction of the Northamptonshire FA’s equality, diversity and inclusion plan, whilst reviewing content and offering support.
The Advisor would be required to provide advice and support to NFA staff members when delivering specific programmes, whilst promoting a culture of respect for inclusion and equality issues across football.
The appointment would be for a term of two years from January 2018, after which applicants are eligible for reappointment for a maximum of two times three years.
The following attributes are desirable but may not be essential:
• Being an enthusiastic champion of equality, diversity and inclusion
• The ability to work collaboratively across all aspects of equality, inclusion and diversity with a broad knowledge across the key work strands
• In depth knowledge of some of the key inclusion topics; race, gender equality, disability equality, mental health, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and faith communities
• An understanding of the modern game of football in its various forms at all levels - from grassroots to elite football
• The ability to speak, present and network in an ambassadorial role
• The ability to mix with diverse groups of people in a wide variety of situations
• The ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with others
• Willingness to act in the best interests of The NFA without regard to personal interest or benefit
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Visionary thinking with the ability to think strategically
For further information about the role and to find out how you can apply, please contact Gary Biddulph, Northants FA Business Manager, on Gary.Biddulph@NorthantsFA.com or 01604 670741.