Hosting a tournament?
All Tournament, Festival, Charity Matches or Small Sided Competitions due to be played in Northamptonshire must be sanctioned by Northamptonshire FA.
In order to be sanctioned, The NFA require, at least three weeks prior to the competition date:
- One completed tournament sanction form
- A copy of the competition Rules
- £30.00 fee (Can be waived for charity events following submission of accounts)
- Copy of all competing clubs
The benefits of tournament sanction include:
- Permitted to use registered referees (registered referees are not permitted to officiate in un-affiliated football)
- Coverage under public liability insurance
- County FA approval of rules
- County FA assistance - if you wish CFA representation at your event, please consult with our Football Development Team.
- Promotion of your tournament via CFA
- Ensure that the tournament meets club/CFA safeguarding requirements
It must be understood that if sanction is not approved, then all competing clubs and participating referees will not be covered by their insurances and are liable to disciplinary action.
In the case of charity matches, the Association is happy to sanction the match free of charge providing the organising club provides a copy of the accounts for the day.
We recognise it may be difficult for club secretarys to know which tournaments are sanctioned and which are not. Please find below a list of tournaments which are currently undergoing the sanction process and the County FA are aware of.
The list will be updated as and when additional tournaments are sanctioned, so please check back regularly.
If you are organising an event, please send the sanction form which can be completed below:
Complete sanction form online here
An important reminder to clubs that no ‘Under 6’ tournaments will be sanctioned
The FA regulations are clear and state “A child who has not attained the age of 6 shall not play and shall not be permitted or encouraged to play in a match of any kind”.
In addition, the County FA cannot affiliate or sanction any Under 6 age groups to play in competitive matches; all children who have attained the age of 6 can therefore only play in Under 7 age groups.
Process for sanction:
- 1 Sanction form, A copy of the rules and £30.00 fee sent in by tournament organiser
- CFA Competition Secretary confirms that all sections of the form is complete
- CFA confirms that all clubs are affiliated with their respective CFA
- CFA verifies the rules and cross-references against SCOR/SCORY
- Tournament organiser is informed if the competition is sanctioned by the CFA
Tournament Sanction Update
Netherton – 13th/14th & 20th/21th May 2023
Parklands Tigers – 10th/11th June 2023
Bugbrooke st Michael – 24th/25th June 2023
Spencer Community Trust – 24th/25th June 2023Kings Cliffe United - 1st July 2023
Kettering Ise Lodge - 1st July 2023
Middleton Cheney - 2nd July 2023
Kettering Orchard Park - 8th July 2023
Wootton St George – 8th/9th July 2023
Peterborough Thorpe Wood – 8th/9th July 2023
Daventry Town – 8th/9th & 15th/16th July 2023
Higham Town - 8th July 2023 & 15th July 2023
Kettering Hawks – 16th July 2023, 13th August 2023, 20th August 2023
Woodford United (Byfield Bethel Cup) 26th July 2023
Fully Sanctioned pending all teams affiliated