Hosting a tournament?
All Tournament, Festival, Charity Matches or Small Sided Competitions due to be played in Northamptonshire must be sanctioned by Northamptonshire FA.
In order to be sanctioned, The NFA require, at least three weeks prior to the competition date:
- One completed tournament sanction form
- A copy of the competition Rules
- £30.00 fee (Can be waived for charity events following submission of accounts)
- Copy of all competing clubs
The benefits of tournament sanction include:
- Permitted to use registered referees (registered referees are not permitted to officiate in un-affiliated football)
- Coverage under public liability insurance
- County FA approval of rules
- County FA assistance - if you wish CFA representation at your event, please consult with our Football Development Team.
- Promotion of your tournament via CFA
- Ensure that the tournament meets club/CFA safeguarding requirements
It must be understood that if sanction is not approved, then all competing clubs and participating referees will not be covered by their insurances and are liable to disciplinary action.
In the case of charity matches, the Association is happy to sanction the match free of charge providing the organising club provides a copy of the accounts for the day.
We recognise it may be difficult for club secretarys to know which tournaments are sanctioned and which are not. Please find below a list of tournaments which are currently undergoing the sanction process and the County FA are aware of.
The list will be updated as and when additional tournaments are sanctioned, so please check back regularly.
If you are organising an event, please send the sanction form which can be completed below:
Complete sanction form online here
An important reminder to clubs that no ‘Under 6’ tournaments will be sanctioned
The FA regulations are clear and state “A child who has not attained the age of 6 shall not play and shall not be permitted or encouraged to play in a match of any kind”.
In addition, the County FA cannot affiliate or sanction any Under 6 age groups to play in competitive matches; all children who have attained the age of 6 can therefore only play in Under 7 age groups.
Process for sanction:
- 1 Sanction form, A copy of the rules and £30.00 fee sent in by tournament organiser
- CFA Competition Secretary confirms that all sections of the form is complete
- CFA confirms that all clubs are affiliated with their respective CFA
- CFA verifies the rules and cross-references against SCOR/SCORY
- Tournament organiser is informed if the competition is sanctioned by the CFA
Tournament Sanction Update
Heyford Invitational Cup - 17/04/2021 - 08/05/2021
Kettering Town - Newlands Shield - 17/02/2021 - 11/08/2021
Parklands Phoenix FC - Maries Match for Macmillan - 03/07/2021
Kettering Town Community Trust - Women's Walking Football Festival - 12/06/2021
Byfield Bethell Charity Cup - July 2021 - April 2022
The David Ross Education Trust - Malcolm Arnold Academy - 06/06/2021
NTFC Community Trust - L2L FC vs Northampton XI - Refugee Week 2021 Charity Match - 19/06/2021
Daventry Town Super 6 Tournament - 03/07/2021 - 11/07/2021
Northants All Stars VS Nene Refs FC Charity Match - 01/08/2021
GLK Academies Tournament - 17/07/2021 - 18/07/2021
Spencer Community Trust - 07/08/2021 - 08/08/2021
Kettering Town Community Trust - Poppies Cup - 10/07/2021 - 11/07/2021
Bugbrooke St Michaels Youth Football Tournament - 10/07/2021 - 11/07/2021
Youth Dreams Project Football Cup - 07/08/2021 - 08/08/2021
Thrapston Town Ladies - TTLFC Women's 6-a-side Tournament - 01/08/2021
Sands Northants vs Sands XI Charity Match 2021 - 01/08/2021
Anglian Water - Wateraid Charity 11-A-side Match - 05/08/2021
Brackley Town FC 3v3 tournament - 22/08/2021
Billy's Memorial Cup - Kettering United - 22/08/2021
Sanctioned - Pending all participating teams being affiliated
Rothwell FC Aztec - Annual Pre-Season Tournament - 04/09/2021 - 05/09/2021