HELP TO MAINTAIN YOUR PLAYING SURFACE
Playing fields are one of the most important resources for sport in England.
All football players should have the opportunity to play on good quality grass pitches. However, FA data shows that 63% of pitches in England are poor / low standard and one in six games is cancelled.
As such, poor pitch quality is consistently cited as the number one issue for players. That’s why The FA are embarking on an ambitious target to deliver 5000 quality pitches by 2024.
To do this we’ll continue to work closely with pitch owners (local authorities, education and football/sports clubs) across Northamptonshire to help improve their grass football pitches.
Some of the areas we can help with include:
• Access to high quality services through our preferred ground maintenance partner company
• Signposting towards funding opportunities
• Education and advice through the Football Foundation’s Groundskeeping Community
• Performance Quality Standard (PQS) pitch testing & recommendations
• Recommended suppliers of machinery / equipment (e.g. tractor, line marker, slitter)
• Recommended suppliers of consumables (e.g. grass seed, fertiliser)
Funding is available to help improve/upgrade your pitch maintenance equipment. We can support you with a pitch report that will make recommendations on how to improve your pitch. Those recommendations can be used to help build a strong case for funding support.
For more information on pitch improvement in Northamptonshire, please contact a member of our team using the contact details at the top of the page.