Now is a great time to get help improve your pitch
Poor quality pitches are consistently cited as the number one issue for grassroots football players. That’s why we are embarking on an ambitious target to deliver 5000 quality pitches by 2024.
To do this we’ll continue to work closely with pitch owners (Councils, education sites and football/sports clubs) across Northamptonshire to help improve their grass football pitches.
Some of the areas we can help with include:
- Support with accessing the free pitch inspection tool PitchPower – free advice and recommendations. This is the key to unlocking Football Foundation grant funding
- Access to high quality services through our preferred ground maintenance partner company – Premiership Lawncare
- Signposting towards funding opportunities with the Football Foundation, such as the Grass Pitch Maintenance Fund
- Education and advice through the Football Foundation’s Groundskeeping Community
- Recommended suppliers of machinery / equipment (e.g. tractors, line marker, cutting equipment)
- Recommended suppliers of consumables (e.g. grass seed, fertiliser)
For more information on pitch improvement in Northamptonshire, please contact a member of our team using the contact details at the top of the page.