Open to anyone aged 14+ with an interest in officiating 11 or 9-a-side football, the two-day course will include registration for the 2017/18 season and referee equipment.
The course consists of six clear units with the following elements:
- Registration and Pre-Course Activity
- Practical Delivery and Evaluation of Performance:
• The key skills required to be a football referee
• Theoretical information of the 17 laws of the game
• Practical work covering implementation of the laws
• The art of positioning and movement
• Management strategies and ideas on effective decision-making
• Effective reporting misconduct
• Evaluation of performance and assessment of knowledge
- Officiating five games of 11v11 or 9v9
• Reviewing and receiving feedback
- Final assessment / theory examination
Amber Wildgust, Football Development Officer at Northants FA, said: “The Northamptonshire Women and Girls’ League continues to grow each year and it is important we match the growth of teams with not only officials but female role models.
“Research shows that having women as coaches, referees and administrators within the game plays a crucial role in getting girls to participate and stay in football. Here at the County FA we are excited to offer such a great opportunity to involve more females in the game.”
The course is priced at just £100
. Candidates who complete five Northamptonshire Women and Girls’ League games will receive a £30 refund.
Please CLICK HERE to book your place or contact Amber.Wildgust@NorthantsFA.com for further information.