Generous salary and benefits package negotiable with successful candidate
The Lincolnshire County Football Association is looking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer to provide inspirational leadership and develop all aspects of football in the county.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Line Manager: Chairman
Line Manages: Chief Operating Officer; Football Development Manager; Designated Safeguarding Officer.
• To spearhead the strategic direction and culture of the Lincolnshire CFA and act as an ambassador for football in the county.
• To ensure Lincolnshire CFA works within agreed organisational values and consistently delivers against its strategic and contractual outcomes and objectives.
• To be responsible for leading the day to day running of the Lincolnshire CFA, ensuring the effective delivery of its business plan and strategy.
• To work with the Chairman and the Board of Directors on matters relating to safeguarding, workforce, finance, corporate governance, football development and services, marketing, communications, public relations and risk management.
• To embed safeguarding throughout the Lincolnshire CFA in accordance with safeguarding legislation, FA safeguarding operating standards, best practice guidance and education programmes.
• To attract increased investment into both the Lincolnshire CFA and football in Lincolnshire by maximising assets and continually raising the profile, image and reputation of the Lincolnshire CFA brand amongst stakeholders.
• To orchestrate delivery of The FA National Game Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders and enhance the Lincolnshire CFA's major priorities:
- Providing a high quality introduction to football,
- Developing clubs and leagues to meet modern players’ needs,
- Embracing all formats and engaging all participants,
- Recruiting, developing and supporting the football workforce, and
- Developing sustainable football facilities.
• Define the Lincolnshire CFA business plan and strategy in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
• Deliver the objectives of the Lincolnshire CFA’s business plan and strategy with support of the Council, Standing Committees, working groups and staff.
• Develop and present progress reports on the delivery of the Lincolnshire CFA business plan and strategy to the Board of Directors for regular monitoring and evaluation.
• Manage HR and employment matters to support the delivery of the Lincolnshire CFA business plan and strategy.
• Develop and implement the Lincolnshire CFA’s marketing and public relations strategies.
• Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with key stakeholders such as The FA, clubs, leagues, local authorities, and commercial partners.
• Ensure that information technology is appropriately maintained to satisfy the requirements of The FA and the Lincolnshire CFA.
• Implement regular health and safety and risk management audits, policies and procedures for all areas of the business.
• Comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Ensure that the Lincolnshire CFA’s facilities are maintained and resourced to the highest standard.
• Develop and implement strategies to grow profitably, diversify income and manage budgets.
• Establish and monitor financial control systems in conjunction with the Accountants.
• Line manage a high performing Senior Management Team.
Job Skills & Abilities
• Passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level.
• Able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Exceptional customer service, work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
Job Experience & Qualifications
• Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience.
• Proven track record in leadership, staff management and running a business.
• Experience of financial management, safeguarding policies and working with a Board.
• Knowledge of Lincolnshire CFA, The FA, football in Lincolnshire and the Code for Sports Governance.
If you feel that you are ready to meet this exciting challenge and would like this ideal opportunity to work in this high profile role, we would be delighted to receive an application from you for our consideration.
To apply, please send your CV and letter of application outlining your suitability and vision for this role to:
Mr G Lyner, c/o Lincolnshire Football Association, Deepdale Enterprise Park, Deepdale Lane, Nettleham, Lincoln, LN2 2LL
Marked: PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL.
Alternatively you may send your CV and letter of application via email to:-
Mrs H Cain - Hayley.Cain@lincolnshirefa.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 17 August 2018.