Referee Academy Coordinator Vacancy
Northamptonshire FA is currently recruiting a Referee Academy Coordinator.
We proudly provide training and support to over 500 referees county-wide, and as part of our continued commitment to our officials locally, we need a motivated and empathetic individual to provide mentoring support to young volunteer officials in the Corby and Kettering area.
Referees who have just finished the course or have been identified as having progression potential are just two of the groups that you could influence, passing on experience and acting as both a critical friend and inspiration to these young people.
As part of the fantastic referee development team you will be playing an integral part in the support and development of Northamptonshire FA’s growing referee workforce. We’ll develop you by offering you the training and guidance required to fulfil this role effectively, and empower you to be a positive role model to the referees in the Academy. The current Academy set up is extremely successful in offering support and development, and it is extremely important to Northants FA that we have the same levels of success in this new venture in the Kettering area.
The Referee Academy Coordinator (Kettering) is primarily responsible for overseeing the mentoring and coordinating the Sunday morning games on the Weetabix league, and all development sessions for the Academy referees from the Kettering area. They will coordinate monthly meetings in midweek evenings. The Academy Coordinator will work closely with the Referee Development Officer (RDO), other members of the Referee Development Team (RDT) and other potential stakeholders. The role reports directly to the Referee Development Officer. Please be aware that this is a voluntary role.
• To offer both practical and technical advice to Academy Referees in the Kettering and surrounding areas
• To improve performance levels of referees in the group both on and off the field
• To raise standards by offering development opportunities covering key aspects of refereeing
• To offer support through coaches/mentors and regular training at development sessions
• To help referees transition from youth to adult football
• To increase the amount of referees applying for promotion
• Devise and develop a course programme, identifying educational content in liaison with the RDO
• Identify and recruit coaches/tutors from within the County refereeing workforce in conjunction with the RDO
• Liaise with all coaches/tutors regularly to ensure any issues are being dealt with appropriately
• Ensure all referees in the Academy are aware of expectation set and that they sign an agreement to confirm this. This will form the Contact Protocol (referees)
• Ensure all coaches/tutors involved in the academy are aware of any expectation set and that they sign an agreement to confirm this. This will form the Contract Protocol (coaches/tutors)
• Identify and inform the RDO of any referees showing a high level of potential during the season
• Liaise with Tutors to discuss any referees that are showing potential on Referee Courses
• Identify to the RDO any Academy Referees that are experiencing difficulties in receiving fixtures
• Identify and inform the RDO of any Academy Referees that are struggling with their promotion application
• Provide a quarterly report to the RDO detailing progress of the programme, participants and any issues
• Attend a quarterly Referee Development Team Meeting
• Ensure that all Safeguarding regulations and guidance are strictly adhered to
• Ensure they have an in-date CRB check and safeguarding children workshop within 3 years at all times.
If you are interested in this role, please email Luke Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a brief explanation of your refereeing experience, and why you want to be a part of the Northants FA Academy scheme.