THE FA IS RECRUITING CLUB CONSULTANTS TO PROVIDE ADVICE, SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE TO GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL CLUBS
Please note: this is not a Northamptonshire FA vacancy
The FA is implementing a transformational programme to support the needs of large grassroots clubs as many continue to grow and offer playing opportunities for over hundreds of players across all formats of the game.
There are now over 90 clubs that run over 40 teams and their needs are those of small or medium sized enterprises that have experienced rapid growth. Building on this growth The FA is looking to support and develop 150 of the largest clubs or clusters of clubs in to sustainable community businesses that deliver football opportunities for the whole community by 2021.
The FA Club Consultants will be the catalyst for this change providing advice, support, guidance and challenge so clubs will be informed of their options to further develop themselves as robust community based sustainable businesses.
Building on the work delivered in 2018/19 the FA Club Consultants will be instrumental in reviewing club structures, internal processes and practices, increasing revenues and supporting the development of leadership teams and succession planning. They will support the clubs in creating a vision and the structure and services to deliver this.
Each FA Club Consultant will provide 40 hours of support for a maximum of 4 clubs within a reasonable travel distance over the 2019/20 season. They will be a source of guidance for their clubs and instrumental in shaping the services offered by The FA for clubs across the country over the next 3 seasons. The outcome being grassroots football clubs delivering football opportunities for their whole community.
You will be joining a small but select team of existing FA Club Consultants that have knowledge across all areas of business and experience in grassroots football.
You will be working alongside the leading grassroots clubs to;
• To complete an analysis to identify the areas of development and support required for them to become sustainable, customer focused businesses with effective, operational internal structures
• Prioritising the needs of the club with club officials and supporting the club in how to address them
• To create and implement clear delivery strategies to achieve financial sustainability and football outcomes
• To work in partnership with key club officials to support them in identifying the needs of the club and how to realise and achieve their key aims, objectives and potential
• To support the delivery of The FA National Game Strategy through developing an informed and skilled club workforce across a network of community based sustainable football businesses
• To attend key FA events to support the promotion and development of the club improvement programme
What we are looking for
• Knowledge and application of modern business techniques and processes in relation to voluntary football clubs
• Experience of working with or supporting successful organisations
• Knowledge and understanding of how voluntary football clubs operate
• Ability to challenge in a constructive manner and respond to the developmental needs of individual clubs
• Experience of coaching or supporting club officials
• Minimum of 10 years' experience of sport across a range of roles
• Clean driving license
• Knowledge and understanding of the reflective practitioner
• Knowledge of the Sport England Club Matters programme
• Experience of working as a mentor or coach in a commercial or volunteer organisation
• Management and leadership skills
• An understanding of club organisational structures and processes
• Experience of change management
What we can offer you
• An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation
• Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate
Successful applicants will need to attend an induction weekend at the FA National Football Centre, St George's Park on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 September 2019.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY