Northamptonshire FA has a vacancy for the position of Non-Executive Director (Board Safeguarding Champion) on the Board of Directors (three-year term). This is a voluntary position.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Director will be the strategic lead for Safeguarding activity within the organisation, centering on driving people management strategy and being a support mechanism for the Senior Management Team to ensure that all safeguarding policies and procedures are being followed.
Experience of performance management, safeguarding issues and implementing them contextually, the successful candidate will work with the CEO and the Designated Safeguarding Officer in relation to policy setting, strategic direction, goal and target setting, and evaluate performance against targets, budgets and plans.
We are particularly looking for someone with the following skills:
• A child-centred belief system and behaviours
• Experience of demonstrable and effective governance – and overseeing a strategic approach
• Experience of working in safeguarding or child protection
• Experience of working in adult safeguarding
• Knowledge and understanding of grassroots or other voluntary activity;
• Awareness and understanding of The FA’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures and the Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs
• Ability to listen effectively
• Ability to ask probing questions
• Communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Experience of problem-solving
• Basic IT skills, including Word and email.
A full information pack and application form can be found here
For further information on the role, please contact Christian Smith, CEO, on 07789 51482 or christian.smith@northamptonshireFA.com
To apply, please return your application form to christian.smith@northamptonshireFA.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 24 September 2021