Northamptonshire FA has a vacancy for the position of Non-Executive Director (HR) on the Board of Directors (three-year term). This is a voluntary position.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Director will responsible for will be the strategic lead for Human Resources activity within the organisation, centring on driving people management strategy and being a support mechanism for the Senior Management Team to ensure that all HR policies and procedures are being followed.
We are particularly looking for someone with the following skills:
• Experience of performance management, HR/employment law issues and implementing them contextually
• Organisational Development
• Change management and the implementation of change programmes
• Strategic leadership and management skills.
The successful candidate will work with the CEO in relation to policy setting, strategic direction, goal and target setting, and evaluate performance against targets, budgets and plans.
• ensure highest standards of governance in policies and practice related to employee relations, recruitment, retention, reward and recognition as well as staff and trustee development; and
• ensure that HR activities and interventions are linked to the company’s objectives and complement the company culture.
Northamptonshire FA is committed to equality and inclusion across all aspects of its business and recognise the value of a diverse paid and volunteer workforce. As such it is important that the NFA Board also reflects the communities that we serve. We are therefore particularly interested in attracting people with disabilities and those from ethnic minority communities.
All candidates will need to have a real empathy with the work of Northamptonshire FA, good business and communication skills and be willing to commit to attending regular Board meetings, as well as strategic and stakeholder events. Board meetings are normally held in Moulton Park, Northampton, however they are currently taking place over TEAMS. Once restrictions lift we Directors will be able to attend either face to face or continue to join via TEAMS.
For further information on the role please contact Sarah Bentley, CEO, on 07933 412311 or sarah.bentley@northamptonshireFA.com or download an application pack here
To apply, please return your application form to sarah.bentley@northamptonshireFA.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 4 June 2021.