The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering against both National FA and Northants FA objectives whilst maintaining and improving financial and operational activities alongside the Board of Directors.
• Provide an effective interface between the Board, Council, Committees and staff.
• Ensure the Northamptonshire Football Association works within agreed organisational values and delivers against its strategic objectives within the guidance of a pre-agreed business plan.
• Oversight and delivery of the company’s Strategic Operational Plan in accordance with the FA’s National Strategy.
• Ensure the principles of good governance are upheld by implementing and maintaining The FA’s Code of Governance for County FAs.
• Accountable for ensuring that safeguarding is embedded throughout the NFA and grassroots football in accordance with safeguarding legislation, FA 365 Safeguarding Policy, best-practice guidance and education programmes.
What we are looking for
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent work experience)
• Ability to lead a team with excellent communication and people management skills.
• Strategic level decision-making skills in a fast-paced and stakeholder-intensive environment.
• Business planning, objective setting and managing team and individual performance.
• Financial acumen and the proven ability to establish and monitor financial control systems and manage risk.
What we can offer
• A great opportunity to further your career in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County.
• Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA.
• Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
• A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football.
• Holiday entitlement.
• Other benefits.
Equality and Diversity
Northamptonshire FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details within the covering letter.
About the application and selection process
• Please send an up to date CV, Covering Letter and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5pm on Friday 24th June 2022. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
• Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Wednesday 29th June 2022 with interviews to take place on Tuesday 5th July.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION