New Equal Game Ambassador Role
DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR WOMEN AND GIRLS FOOTBALL?
If so, we'd love you to come and join the team at Northamptonshire FA to ensure everyone has an equal opportunity to play the beautiful game.
Job title: Equal Game Ambassador - Women & Girls Football
Salary: £25 Per hour.
Hours per week: Up to 50 hours per season which will include evening and weekend work.
Vacancy type: Casual Worker contract.
Location: Mainly remote working, office when required: 9 Duncan Close, Red House Square, Northampton, NN3 6WL
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 3rd July 2023
About the role
Please see full job description attached here
There has never been a better time to join Northamptonshire FA to play a leading role in the strategic development of opportunities for Women and Girls to play football across Northamptonshire!
Support grassroots football clubs to apply their learnings from the Equal Game Training and build their own Equal Game Action Plan; creating more accessible opportunities for women and girls. This will be done via delivery of the Equal Game Training workshops along with Northants FA staff followed by ongoing support to clubs to covert theory into action within grassroots football in Northamptonshire.
- Attend ‘Train the Trainer course' - Date: TBC
- Work with County FA Leads to collaboratively deliver the local ‘Equal Game’ Training
- Work with England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the ‘Equal Game Training’ to support in the creation of a bespoke female football game plan. This outlines new club-based opportunities for female players which may include new playing provisions, coaching development, volunteering roles, and creating safe environments.
- Support with engagement at every level of the club to maximise and sustain these opportunities for female players.
- Signpost and help clubs access relevant support including funding and coach development opportunities via the County FA, and FA Women & Girls Coach Development network.
- Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners such as charitable organisations, educational establishments, alongside other key partners to promote the new opportunities.
- Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, FA Women & Girls Coach Mentors, FA Women & Girls Community Champions, external partners, and wider members of the grassroots delivery team workforce.
- Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots clubs with the aim of providing clarity on work programmes, development opportunities and sharing of good practice.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have experience working within grassroots football and have a passion for increasing opportunities for women and girls to play football in Northamptonshire . They will be able to think and work strategically, be self-motivated and have excellent leadership skills. In addition, they will be able to forge and build excellent relationships with clubs and organisations.
To apply for the role, please email your CV and cover letter expressing why would like to be considered for the role to Harley.Collyer@NorthamptonshireFA.com by 9am on Monday 3rd July 2023.
Interviews will take place virtually, via Microsoft Teams, across the below dates. Please indicate in your cover letter, which of the below you would be able to be interviewed:
- Monday 17th July 2023
- Tuesday 18th July 2023
- Thursday 20th July 2023
Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged, and shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 7th July 2023 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
Northamptonshire FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Equality and Diversity
Northants FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Harley Collyer, Football Development Officer (Women and Girls), Harley.Collyer@NorthamptonshireFA.com for an informal discussion.