WE'RE HUGE SUPPORTERS
In order to maintain its impressive work with referees in Northamptonshire, the County FA continues to provide robust support.
We are proud of our track record of producing high quality officials who operate at the highest level of the game, and of the current work that goes into developing referees as they progress up the ladder.
Current successes which highlight the great work that is going on across the county are:
- 97% of all matches in Northamptonshire are covered by a qualified, registered referee
- A steady increase in referee numbers despite the national trend showing a decrease
- Regular Referee Development Group meetings
- International opportunities for our high potential referees
- All new referee courses fully booked
In order to maintain these successes, Northamptonshire FA has recognised that it needs to improve both the environment in which its match officials operate in, and the support offered to these match officials.
To ensure it can offer the best possible provision, the County FA propose to continue the following provisions for its referees:
- Unannounced visits to games by Northamptonshire FA Mentors and Matchday Coaches
- Monday referee clinics to help support match officials from weekend games
- Close partnership with Northamptonshire Referee Association, providing development/networking events and key-note speakers throughout the season
- Offering an ‘U18 Armband’ for those referees that feel it would benefit them
- The opportunity to join the Referee Progression Pathway, even if you are not yet 16!
In addition to all of this, we will also be implementing Northamptonshire FAs ‘Mentoring Support Programme’, which will help give extended support to those referees in the early stages of their career. This Programme will be run in conjunction with the leagues, who will help appoint Referee Mentors to games across the County.
If you are a young and/or inexperienced referee and would like any support, or you are an experienced referee and would like to become part of the referee support workforce, please get in touch.